Sunday, September 12, 2010

He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich

Well, I just had to quote Men At Work. They were, after all, my first concert ever, in August of 1983.  The next 11 concerts were Billy Idol, Adam Ant, Duran Duran, Quiet Riot, Deep Purple, Julian Lennon, U2, AC/DC (ooh, another Aussie band!)Aerosmith, ZZ Top, and the Monkees. But I digress. Because the point is, it's a good thing I like things from Australia.

Because we're moving to Australia.

I am sure you have the typical questions, so here are the top 10 answers.

1. It's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that we can't pass up.
2. We'll move in early January.
3. For three years.
4. Melbourne.
5. Andy got a job offer. He'll be leaving Exxon Mobil and working for Kleinfelder.
6. We'll be renting our house out while we're gone.
7. Alanna is very excited about it, Aliya less so.
8. I have to give up my job with Opto while we're gone. I hope to do some consulting and projects from home.
9. The grandparents are sad, but wonderfully supportive.
10. Yes, of course, we'd love to have you visit!

3 comments:

  1. Alexi (and the rest of the team).

    Wow! Just WOW.
    Of course I am both exicted and jelous..... Since you are so close, at some stage you will have to go a little north and check out a basement in a hospital.......
    Seriously, its going to be a great time for you all, yes, it will be stressful at times, but it will also be a lot of fun and you will come back with some great memories.
    Looking forward to following you all every step of the way through this blog.

    Catchyalatermate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A-Team
    A-ustralia
    A-mazing
    A-wesome
    A-lifetime of memories
    A-great place for friends to vacation
    A-wonderful opportunity for the Big Guy
    A-little sad to see you go : (
    A-urevoire!

    ReplyDelete