Saturday, April 9, 2011

Year 1 Dinner

   At the girls' school, they have a sequence of yearly activities that build on each other. Preps have a breakfast (brekkie) at the school, and the Year 1's have a dinner. Year 2's have a sleepover at the school, and Years 3-6 have sleep-away-from-home camps, with longer stays for the older kids.
   Last week was Aliya's dinner. It was just for the kids, no parents allowed, which they made quite clear:
The balcony outside the classrooms
View of the balcony
The kids were allowed to choose a partner to sit with. Aliya chose her friend from the first day of school, Michaela.
Michaela and Aliya
Aliya and Ommer
But Aliya definitely has not forgotten her BFFs from home. Each student made a laminated placemat to use for the dinner.
Aliya's placemat
The menu was standard kid-friendly fare: veggie appetizer plate, spaghetti with or without sauce, breadsticks with or without butter. Dessert was Frog on a Pond. Yes, I had to look that up. Turns out it's a chocolate frog on jello jelly:
Delicious?

3 comments:

  1. Still can't see your pictures. :( Except for the frog one, which looks phallic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously have no idea why pics keep breaking. I use Picasa to upload them to the blog, that seems to be the source of the problem, because when I link them manually they work. Hmmm. Okay, I changed the frog picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be interested to hear how you're finding the curriculum at the school, and how it compares to back home.

    ReplyDelete