All packed up. Won't even tell you how many boxes and suitcases we're taking, since the container might not arrive for 2 months.
Good news is we have rented our house. They've already repainted it and want to move in today! In the weird coincidences department, her name is Alexa, she went to the same college as I did, her daughter is named Alanna, and her mom lived near my mom. Weird.
We also were accepted for a rental house in Melbourne, in our second choice school district. Of course, Andy found one last night that looks suitable in our first choice district, but we'll wait till we get there to do anything more.
The shuttle comes in a few hours, then off to LAX and a 15 hour flight to Melbourne. Another family I met online is also relocating and will be on the same flight with their two daughters! Another weird coincidence.
Anyway, the kids finished up swimming, off to last lunch at Haus of Pizza. So much more I wanted to share about the last week, but I'll have to do that down under. It's been a stressful week or two, but so thankful for all the friends and family that helped us. Love you all!
16 bags/boxes.
ReplyDeleteThats not weird, thats down right freaky!
Hope the house thing gets sorted asap for yous.
Not too long before school starts, but guessing you dont need me to tell you that.
Im so happy for yous, at the very start of an exciting adventure!