And now, some pics if you're interested. We're really loving the zoom lens on the camera, if you couldn't tell.
| Not an Opto EMU, but an emu nonetheless |
| Fun fact of the day: Their tongues are dark, not pink, so they don't get sunburned while spending 9-10 hours a day eating |
On the way home, we stopped to find some bike helmets for the girls. We also picked up a sun hat for Aliya. At the same shopping center, we found another interesting difference. They have escalators that are moving walkways, or maybe I should call them moving walkways that are escalators. They came in handy for people using shopping carts and then need to take the
Okay, I just found out the girls' school can't access YouTube, so I'm going to post a video or two here.
Its interesting to hear your comments about the expense of living there... Im sure you can recall my comments about the high cost of living in SoCal.
ReplyDeleteI wonder if things have changed in 2.8 years? Or if its a Melbourne thing?
I think the best way for us to settle this, is that we come back for about 3 months and see just exactly whats going on!
BTW, we discovered that your gift glasses are perfect for port!
Cheers!
Ben
Sounds like a plan to me! I don't think it's a Melbourne thing though. The expat forums are full of talk and lists of things to bring from the US when you're moving to Australia. The clerks at Borders and B&N told us that the Qantas flight crews come in all the time to buy books while in the US. And at Costco yesterday we met another flight attendant who says she does tons of shopping every time she goes to the US.
ReplyDelete