Thursday, February 10, 2011

Carwash

   Recently, Andy took the girls (and the car) to the carwash. Here's his report:


This past Sunday, when the temperature hit a hot and sweltering 35C (95F), we decided that the car needed washing.  Not so much to clean the car, which was getting dirty, but more to hose each other down and cool off.  So Alanna, Aliya and I put on our bathers (swim suits) and headed to the local do-it-yourself car wash.  After vacuuming the car, I drove it forward into the carwash bay.  After dropping a few coins in the machine, I handed Alanna the spray nozzle, pressed the button for “Pre-Wash,” and let her take aim to hose me down.  Little did I know that the “Pre-Wash” contained a foul-tasting soap.  Blech!  At least it was a cool spray.  We then proceeded to wash the car, waiting until the fresh water rinse to hose each other down.  And boy did we.  We spent most of the rinse time spraying each other, and barely managed to rinse the car.  Near the end, as we were drying the car off, Aliya commented, “Hey, we’re just like your car wash servants.”  Smart kid.  She realized that the chance to hose each other down was just a ruse to wash the car.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Do you have any fences that need painting, too? ;D

    ReplyDelete