Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Long and Winding Road, Part 3

Can you guess what kind of store we're in here?
Pointing to their favorite thread color
Did you guess Post Office? Didn't think so! We went in to buy some stamps and were amazed at the shopping selection. Apparently that's what they do in the small towns.
Enjoying some OJ on our last morning in Apollo Bay
View from a turnout. Much of the landscape on
the way home reminded me of rural Pennsylvania
   The next major sightseeing stop was Gibson Steps
100 plus steps. We counted, but now I don't remember how many!
   The girls were a bit grumpy at first, but Andy distracted them in a fun game of follow-the-leader in the sand, and they cheered up.

Next stop was the Twelve Apostles. The "apostles" are actually limestone stacks of rock, and there were never even twelve of them. Good marketing though, as it's hard to imagine anyone bragging about going to see the Nine Stacks of Limestone. One of the stacks fell, so they're actually down to eight, but no matter. 
Entrance to the park. Shockingly, no parking or entrance fees!
Thoroughly drenched, we headed to our lodgings in Port Campbell to spend the night. A cozy little town.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Hehe, yeah, post offices and corner stores, oh, and newsagents... miss them all, but some how have managed to do with out them for the past three years....
    Ok, I give in, what IS that thing you are driving? Is that the company car? Hows it go?
    Love seeing photos and your take on the places that I have been to so many time. Love that you are in Victoria.
    Just be greatful that you were not on the London Bridge when it fell down, the people had to be air lifted off and taken back to the (free) car park. (Cost me 7 bucks to park a Hoover Dam, but I did not mind (too much)).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a Nisson (pronouced Niss-on here!) Dualis. Company car yes. No guts at all, but gets fabulous mileage. But I don't love it the way you love your Rangie.
    I read about the London Bridge. They were lucky they were on the part that didn't fall. Must have been scary!

    ReplyDelete