Thursday, October 28, 2010

Andy - Day 1 in Australia

I thought I'd share some of Andy's comments from his first days in Australia.

I arrived safely here in Sydney, and am waiting for my flight to Melbourne.  The flight wasn't too bad (2 meals, 2 movies [Iron Man 2 and Robin Hood], 2 crosswords, and a bit of reading). Customs was straightforward, but the turkey jerky got confiscated.  Note - do not bring the meat, or eat it all on the plane.  All my luggage seems to have made it unscathed.
 
I'm loving the Australian accent and how friendly most everybody is.
 
I didn't get the bulkhead or exit row, so it was a bit cramped.  Not terrible, though.
 
Two things I've seen so far:
 
1.  Target.  They've got Target stores here.  Excellent.
2.  Do you remember the pyramid shaped rope structure that the kids played on at one of Alanna's softball tournaments in Cypress?  Well, I saw one just like it while I was riding the bus between the terminals.
 
Nothing much else to report. Time to see if skype is working.
 
And from Melbourne:
 
After we talked, I put my bike back together and went for a bike ride to the grocery store to get some food for dinner and breakfast.  I took a few pictures of the cereal aisle.  See if you can recognize any cereals.  If not, we'll get to try out a whole new bunch here in Australia.
 
Later I walked out in the hall to see if I could find the silly rabbits that are hiding in the hallways.  Not real rabbits, of course.  Just mirrors cut out in the shape of rabbits, which is kind of fun.
 
I'm finally starting to get tired after all the travel and the bike ride to the market, so I'll sign off now, and get a bit of rest.
 
Unfortunately, his pictures got sent as PDFs, so I am not sure I can share them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment