And he's off....We took Andy to the airport tonight. The V Austrailia checkin area at LAX was pretty funky: hanging pendant lists, fairly loud music, felt more like a club or restaurant. I hope his flight is as entertaining. Thankfully, he was granted an exit row, bulkhead, aisle seat...the maximum possible leg room you can get in economy. Air travel is never fun for Andy. The first thing he does when he sits down is talk to the person immediately in front of him, and request that they kindly alert him before they recline their seat. Saves his kneecaps enormously.
I called the V Australia customer service line myself today, to try to get a seat. I loved listening to the customer service rep. Lovely accent, and she said "No worries" at least three times.
The girls are sad already, of course. Alanna's been miserably sick the last two days, and on the way home Aliya complained about her head and stomach. I'm desperately hoping that she doesn't come down with Alanna's bug. It will put quite a damper on the weekend, with soccer and softball games tomorrow, and a softball tournament on Sunday.
Today was a whirlwind of activity. Andy really needed to get his ducks in a row since he'll be gone for a month. There's been a lot of progress on the house, really liking how the bathrooms are turning out. Really not liking how money is just flowing out the door. These projects are costing a lot more than we intended. Not to mention a new transmission for Andy's crew cab. Hmm, sounds like a visa commercial: New bathrooms, $10,000. New transmission: $2000 (Andy wouldn't tell me the exact number so I'm guessing.) Experiencing a new country, (continent even) priceless!
I also booked some travel for Andy. He lands there on Sunday, and on Tuesday heads to Adelaide. Odds are good he'll be going there a lot, possibly weekly, once we move in. Not ideal, but I won't have to worry about who's going to watch the girls so I can leave the house at 5:30 to get to my job 75 miles away, so it won't be as stressful in that regard. And although I hear Adelaid is quite a lovely city, we much prefer the idea of living in Melbourne and Andy just commuting as needed.
Well, I'm boring myself so no doubt I'm boring you as well, so I'll say G'nite.
OOh, it's not boring. Very exciting! Can't wait for pictures. :)
ReplyDeleteNot boring at all. Living vicariously through you. :)
ReplyDelete