Can't buy me bananas, either. That's $16.95/kg. So how many bananas did I get for my $6.67? Two! I thought they were cheaper (read the sign for ladyfingers instead apparently) otherwise as much as I love Alanna, I probably wouldn't have bought them. Good news is I did find them for "only" $9.95/kg today.
Also on the receipt is the Challah bread they love, and neon hairspray for the Crazy Hair Day. And finally serviettes, aka napkins.
| Tally me bananas |
Why the heck are bananas so expensive?? Don't they come from tropical climes? Can't they be grown in Australia? Just wondering....
ReplyDeleteLady fingers are always WAY more expensive than regular ban-ah-nahs. Lady fingers often have red wax on them. I paid $6.59 for regular bananas four days ago. Which is still pretty pricey!
ReplyDeleteSewingLIbrarian... Cyclone Yasi wiped out a lot of our banana crops, back in January. Hence we are paying top dollar for them now. Same thing happened a few years ago after Cyclone Larry. Bananas were premium items. A luxury! Bare in mind that Alexi is living in an area where all prices are exaggerated. Here in country Australia, we do things a little on the more moderate side of things.
ReplyDeleteZoiks! Tally me bananas indeed!
ReplyDeleteAnnie, thanks for the explanation! We go through a similar phenomenon when cold weather knocks out crops here in the USA. Also, I hadn't considered that the A-Team is in the expensive zone - probably Melbourne and Sydney are the most expensive places to live in Australia??
ReplyDelete