Today, the 9th of March, I am staying home from school. I think I caught it from my teacher, Mrs. Evans. I also think that there is a bug going around because a different teacher, Mrs. Nester, and one of my friends, Mercedes, like the car, are not feeling well. I am sneezing a lot and I get side aches really easily and I get headaches and I'm thirsty a lot. Wish that I get better!
At school, we are learning about all kinds of Natural Disasters.The worst Natural Disaster in the world was a flood in China and the worst earthquake in the world was 9.5 in Chile. I think that is how you spell it. Also, There is this cool website called Behind the News and it contains all sorts of info on Natural Disasters and it has lots of videos. Last week, there was a 6.3 earthquake in New Zealand, but it was nowhere near us. There are countries coming over to help, even America and Australia. There are also people called SES's (that stands for State Emergency Services) coming over. to be an SES you have to be 13 and to rescue someone you have to be 18.
And that is all for today.
By: Alanna Gray
Hey Alanna,
ReplyDeleteThanks very much for the blog. I did not know about the 'Behind the News' website, it looks pretty cool, I will share it with my two kids (you remember them, Terry drove the boat in the harbor for a little while??).
Really hope you feel better soon. I caught a head cold off a friend of mine and have been feeling pretty crook for a week now. (Crook is the Australian slang word for sick).
Take care.
Ben.
Alanna, I hope you feel better soon! And don't give it to your sister!
ReplyDeleteHi Alanna, this is Lauren.Just want you to know... I got sick on March 9th and 10th and it was not fun. You have to stay home all day long.Hope you feel better! P.S...Do you know that Japan just had a major earthquake and tsunami?
ReplyDelete